The Ocean Divine is 110 feet of 5 star luxury, and is by far the most luxurious boat operating in the Maldives. Since 2006 she has sailed these waters, giving you an experience that truly is second to none. The Ocean Divine luxury live-aboard boat will provide you with the surfing experience of a lifetime featuring amazing surfing locations, in a truly incredible environment, with outstanding 5 Star service and amazing restaurant prepared meals. Your hosts David and Gaelle Mesnard, welcome you aboard Ocean Divine, where they will ensure you a truly unique and unforgettable Maldives surfing holiday experience.
To ensure you have the surf trip of a lifetime, the friendly Australain surf guides on board are familiar with the area and conditions to ensure they will always select the best spot for you featuring the best Maldivian waves available.
With plenty more to do than just surfing, which may include chilling out watching a DVD in the luxurious living room, diving, snorkeling, fishing or having some time at the relaxing SPA, this is more than just a surf trip, it’s an experience.
Price in AUD (per person, per 7 Nights)
Price for Whole Boat (based on 14 people)
7 Night Package Includes:
- Return airport transfers,
- Tourism taxes
- Air-Conditioned twin share cabin accommodation with ensuite bathroom
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages including hot drinks
- Use of all on board equipment (for snorkelling)
- Services of expert guides (surf and dive guides)
- Fishing from the Dhoni
- Visit to local island
- World Class Waves
- 5 Star Luxury
What’s Not Included:
- Alcoholic beverages
This region of the Maldives experiences a similar surf season to Indonesia. The best waves can be had from March to October, with the biggest swells likely to occur in June/July/August. The surf generally ranges in size from 2-8 feet.
A great variety of reef breaks exist ranging in intensity from quite mellow shreddable walls to gnarlier hollow pits. There is something for everyone. In the North Male’ atoll, between Male’ and Thulhusdhoo is an assortment of 7 breaks inlcluding:
Jailbreaks – A classic right-hander that was previously off limits. A long down the line right-hander with 3 distinct sections including a mid barrel section.
Sultans – An easy right-hand take off which leads you to an intense wrapping section at the end. Starts breaking at around 3 foot, and can hold up to 8 foot.
Honky’s – Located near HP reef just North of Himmafushi Island. It is a fast wrapping left at 4-6ft and needs the right swell direction. Worth checking if “Sultans” is crowded.
Ninjas – A bit of a fickle right hander which breaks out the front of a resort. When it’s on it’s on, and can be a super fun wave.
Lohis – A long wackable left-hander that breaks off Lohifushi Resort – very consistent wave and has hosted the WQS O’neil ‘Deep Blue Open’ for the past 3 years.
Cokes – Breaks 3-10ft and is fairly protected from the southerly winds that may affect other breaks such as “Lohis”. This wave has been well photographed and is the hollowest in the North Male atoll. This will test your tube-riding ability.
Chickens – This wave is probably the fastest wave in the North Male atoll. This wave holds swell size from 3ft to well over 10ft so pack your big boy pants if you wanna have a dig.
Port of Registry/Flag: Maldives
Built: Kaffu Atoll , Maldives 2004/2005
Type: Motor yacht
Length: 110 feet
Beam: 30 feet
Draft: 7.7 feet
Number of Passengers: 14
Accommodation: 7 Double Occupancy Staterooms
Number of Crew: 10
Length of Charters: 7 nights
Dives Per Day: 3 and 2 night dives weekly.
Number of Tenders: 3 ( Dive boat 52 feet, 2 dhingy 18 feet , 85 HP engine and 11ft 15 HP
Total Displacement: 200 tons
Propulsion: CUMINS N 14 480 HP
Fuel capacity: 7000 Litres
Fresh Water Capacity: 8 000 Litres
Desalinator Production: 10 000 Litres per day
Cruising Speed: 10 .12 knots
Range: 1000 miles
Navigation Aids: VHF, SSB, Furuno 36 mile radar, GPS x 2 , Eco sondeur, Cmap.
Oxygen On Board: Yes
Compressor: 3 x Mariner BAUER
Voltage: 2 x ONAN 35 KVA gensets, 220v, 50 cycle
Air-conditioning: To all interior areas
Photographic Video Services: Yes (No E6 processing )
Diving Instruction: Yes
Dive Gear Rental: Yes
CD /DVD Player: Yes
Communications: Satellite Phone, VHF Radio, Internet (but not available for the guests), Mobile phone.
Located on the Dolphin Deck of the boat, the staterooms offer you great comfort and are the perfect place to rest your weary bones after a day of waves.
The Staterooms are made up as follows:
Master Staterooms (2 front cabins) Double lower bed /single upper bed, private facilities, porthole view, mirrored wardrobe, bathrobes, toiletries, fresh bath towels daily, independent AC units.
Deluxe Staterooms (5 other cabins) One single bed, one double bed, private facilities, porthole view, mirrored wardrobe, bathrobes, toiletries, fresh bath towels daily, independent AC units.
Using fresh produce is key on the Ocean Divine. The Chefs use local produce where they can including fish purchased from the markets, or fish caught during your trip, as well as fresh local coconuts and bananas.
The Ocean Divine also import fresh produce and ingredients from around the world every week from locations such as:
- South Africa
- and Sri Lanka.
Unlike other local surf and dive charter boats they provide you with varied dishes for every meal, ensuring a food experience you will never forget.
A typical surf trip looks something like this:
- 6 am early departure to the famous surf breaks Sultans, Honkies and Jails.
- Surf and safety briefing. Break for freshly cooked breakfast at 9am and a chef prepared lunch at 1pm.
- Surf all day until 6pm, arrive back on board for a hot shower and prepare yourself for our first night feast and presentation of your crew at 7.30pm.
- Search for the best waves of the day, starting with Cokes and Chickens.
- Surfing, diving, fishing, lazing in the sun
- Head South for 3 hours to Lucky Joes and Rip Tide, wet a line and catch some fish as we cruise along.
- Visit a local island to take in the Maldivian culture. Learn how to dive and get your PADI ticket.
- Surf uncrowded, perfect waves
- Join your hosts and other guests on the front deck for a sunset cocktail. A great way to end another great day.
- Early departure and cruise back north to Cokes and Chickens. Surf all day or dive with manta rays once again.
- Afternoon session “learn how to hold your breath”. Learn how to relax under water and hold your breath for longer than ever before free diving instructor David Mesnard.
- Sunset party on the deck.
- Early surf report determines where we move to take advantage of the best surf conditions. Head to Sultans and Jails.
- Sunset diaporama on our giant screen on the front deck, featuring photos and videos of your memorable week aboard, if the weather permitted.
- Surf all morning until midday.
- A beautiful thank you and good bye lunch before departing for the Airport for your return flights.
04 Sept – 11 Sept 2016
11 Sept – 18 Sep 2016
18 Sep – 25 Sep 2016
18 Sep – 25 Sep 2016
25 Sep – 02 Oct 2016
07 May – 14 May 2017
14 May – 24 May 2017
21 May – 28 May 2017
28 May – 04 Jun 2017
04 Jun – 11 Jun 2017
11 Jun – 18 Jun 2017
18 Jun – 25 Jun 2017
25 Jun – 02 Jul 2017
02 Jul – 09 Jul 2017
09 Jul – 16 Jul 2017
16 Jul – 23 Jul 2017
23 Jul – 30 Jul 2017
30 Jul – 06 Aug 2017
06 Aug – 13 Aug 2017
13 Aug – 20 Aug 2017
20 Aug – 27 Aug 2017
27 Aug – 03 Sep 2017
03 Sep – 10 Sep 2017
10 Sep – 17 Sep 2017
17 Sep – 24 Sep 2017
24 Sep – 01 Oct 2017
01 Oct – 08 Oct 2017
08 Oct – 15 Oct 2017
15 Oct – 22 Oct 2017